Thursday 21 May 2009

Dream Diary 1-Krzysztof Piesiewicz

March 2009

I was at some sort of event, don't remember any other people there though, it was a large, spaced area. Krzysztof Piesiewicz was there, standing alone.

I wanted to ask him about Purgatory, the third and last in the trilogy, I was anxious, him being one of favourite screenwriters.

I managed to speak to him, he was pleasant, wanted to talk. I told him I liked Hope, Heaven, Hell, he was happy to hear that. I added that I thought these films were moralistic, he wasn't sure about this comment.

I told him, that he's from a good background, from previously being a lawyer to now a screenwriter, brings an incredible advantage to the stories he's written over the years.


"We touched everything. I was defending bandits and heroes and Kieslowski made fantastic documentaries, but he came to realize that they had barriers that didn't meet his artistic needs. You can't intervene with a camera into the intimate world of human beings. It's barbaric to try to enter, but you can with fiction. And I had similar problems in my work as a lawyer. I was not so much interested in what man had done, but why? What happens to a human being? What should we do with him? Why does a human suddenly become an animal?" - Krzysztof Piesiewicz

No comments:

Post a Comment