Tuesday 12 November 2013

A letter to cinema

Dear Film

I am writing you this letter to express my sincere gratitude for what you've done for my life. 

Since I first met you, your presence has always been strong and loyal, challenging and reflective. At times you've held the answers, at other times you've asked the questions.

You've introduced me to a diverse world of cultural people, some of the greatest souls I've ever met and to worlds within worlds within film microcosms. 

You've supported me through the tough times and been a source of celebration during the good times.

You gave me something to strive for, something to create, something to share, something to love.

I look forward to our relationship developing, within the cinema, within home viewing, within imagination and dreams.

Thank you for everything. I'll never forget it and I appreciate every moment of it. 


No comments:

Post a Comment